Introduction: Angle grinders are often known as side grinder too. It us a power tool held by hand and people use it for cutting, polishing & grinding. You can give power to an angle grinder by an electric motor though still you can use petrol engine and compressed air. All angle grinders have an adjustable guard. In some case, you can use some angle grinders as sanders too, depending on the speed range of them, by employing the sanding disc and a backing pad. That backing system is made of plastic, hard plastic to be precise and with phenolic resin!
You can use angle grinders to remove excessive materials from a particular piece or surface. You can numbers of type’s angle grinders and, therefore, you might fall in trouble while choosing any particular one. This article will lead you towards that destination of getting the best angle grinder from the market. Here you can find some example of good grinders with a short description and the tips to get a good grinder within your budget.
Three Popular Angle Grinders in Brief
At this point, I’m going to share some prominent features of few angle grinders. They are made of three different brands. If you are a person who is planning to buy an angle grinder in upcoming days, reading these features could be good for you especially to know which brand and which particular product should be chosen and what features can rank an angle grinder over another. Here are those as follows.
Tips & Tricks for Choosing an Angle Grinder and Using It!
There are several things to remember while buying an angel grinder. This is important to remember if you want to gain get the good product.
- First of all read angle grinder reviews to get initial ideas about it. You can talk with a real-life user too. If you have an angle grinder and want to buy a new one, then start your buying process from reading features of different products.
- For those who know very little about angle grinders should find some brands where they can put trust. Makita, Porter all are good examples of good brands. Don’t forget to remember your purpose of buying before stepping forward.
- After finding some brands, try to find some good products to make your choice list. Assess the features of your selected angle grinders.
- Determine your budget at this time and make your choice list short.
- Make the final buy.
While using your angle grinder, it is good to keep the tool in the box you received while buying it. Don’t allow to fall water over it. In a case of an accident, try to make it try as quickly as possible. Don’t allow kids to handle this tool. Here are some other tips that can help you to use your angle grinder for a longer period.
- Never forget to inspect the grinder before using.
- It is very important to check air vents are clear. For cleaning the tool using compressed air is recommended.
- Don’t forget to wear goggles to protect you while using compressed air for cleaning.
- Power cable needs to be up to mark for optimum service. So try to check the cable before start using.
- It is vital to check the cutting disc and grinding wheel. Try to fund whether these are fine-tuned and they are free from all sorts of cracks or damages.
- After fifty hours of usage, motor carbon brushes of the motor are necessary to check. In the case of declining status, you should renew that immediately. To do that a cross-head screwdriver will be needed.
- Try to keep your working area neat and clean. Cluttered areas might cause unwanted accidents. Wearing proper apparel has no alternative. Never carry an angle grinder with its electric cable.
- Forcing the tool would be foolishness. If you find any mechanical problem while working with your angle grinder any time, try to resolve that first without forcing it to get service. Try to use the recommended accessories. You can get good guide about the issue from the user manual. So read that and keep that for further necessity.
Though a lot of areas has discussed above angle grinders, still you might have some more questions. This section will help you to get some other common question answers. Take a look.
My master lock is seized up. Can I use my angle grinder?
- Of course, you can.
Can I cut tin made roofs with my angle grinder?
- Yes, you can. Angle grinders are good at serving in these purposes.
Which brand to select to buy an angle grinder?
- Many good products and brands are available from where you can but. It is tough to mention one name, but you can try products of these following brands-Hitachi, Porter, Makita.
Should I use buffing pad along with my angle grinder?
- Though I don’t know it practically, but I presume it should not, as because of high rpm of the angle grinders.
Should I use my grinder to cut metals?
- Sometimes you can if you have a good angle grinder. Low priced grinders might not help at this case. Ask the manufacturer before buying to know about it if your purpose of buying is solely based on metal cutting.
What is the primary use of an angle grinder?
- The primary use of an angle grinder is wielding. Plumbers, electricians, construction mechanics uses this tool mostly.
If you want to get the usual grinder, I would say, no worries as you can get that from a local store around you. But in the case of finding the best angle grinder, you must follow the proper steps. These steps involve knowing about the grinder, assessing the information and different products and making the final decision. A person who would follow this guide while purchasing an angle grinder wouldn’t lose anything, that’s what I can tell you bold.
But it doesn’t mean you should buy the mentioned grinders from a particular brand, rather you are always free to make your purchase. Yes, it is good to get products from good brands as they offer proper after-purchase service and also the good quality products. You can put your trust over a good brand. But still it is possible to get good angle grinders from new emerging brands. Just know the features that you are looking for, determine your budget and use your educated assessing power, you are done.