Introduction: Router tables are woodworking machines where a router protrudes spun from a table at a speed of 3000-24000 rpm. Router tables are seen in used either in three ways of the following. One where a fence is being used, another ‘no fence is being used’, and the last one, pin-router accessory being used! For the woodworkers’ router tables have very little alternatives for a different kind of task of them.
But there are many routers tables around us and therefore sometimes is becomes really difficult to find a good table out of a number of products. There are numbers of good producers and brands available in the market. All they are producing good products and the quality of those tables varies depending on the price and the buyers’ purpose of buying.
If you want to get a usual router table, I would say it’s a simple job to perform. But in need of finding the best router table within a particular budget, you must learn how to buy it. Unless you know the features of a good router table it would be really tough to assess data. This is why I’m going to suggest some tips to follow in this buying guide.
Three Popular Router Tables in Brief
At this section, I’ll mention the names of three good router tables of different brands. You can find some eminent features and significance of those tables. After reading the features and specifications of the following products, you can easily able to find your best fit. Here are those router tables as follows.
Tips & Tricks for Choosing a Router Table and Using It!
Different kinds of router tables are available. So it is good to follow some steps to get the best product from the market. At this section, I would like to focus on that area.
- If you are a person who wants to get a good router table in recent days and you never used such tools before, please read router table reviews to get an initial idea. This can be good from many perspectives, even if you already have a table.
- After that, you should fix your budget. It is important; otherwise, you might spend more than your budget. Get rid out of the idea that spending more can bring you a better table. While deciding about the budget, you also should know the purpose of your buying.
- If you are a non-professional person, I would suggest you not to spend a lot in getting the best table from the market. But if you want heavy duty router table, spend a bit time to get a better product that can offer your longevity.
- Now select some brands that have a global reputation and where you can put your faith in. Select some router tables within those brands.
- Read the features of those selected products and make your product list shorter.
- At this point reassess your necessity and think about your budget once more. Evaluate the features and specifications of the shortlisted products and make your decision to buy a particular one.
- Get your router table
While using the table, you don’t forget about the maintenance of it. You should take care of it after each day of working. Always use your tool cleaner to start cleaning. Never allow to remain cropped wooden piece inside after the working. Wet wooden pieces are even more harmful to a router table. Even though a good router table has owned dust collection port, still it is good to clean the working surface after the work.
Don’t forget to read the user manual before starting to work with your table. Not all the products of the different brands have the same operating system, so you have to keep your keen eyes over that issue too. Yes, basic of using router tables are the same, but reading manual can help you to adjust fast with a particular machine. While working, it is good if you can remember the following.
- Position the hands distant from bits.
- Try to wear eye & hearing protection all the times.
- Try to work with low diameter bits and take small cuts as long as you can. Heavy cutting can invite kick backing. In some cases heavy cuts are necessary and in such cases try to work from a distance.
- Try to use the feather board always to get support against the fence.
- Climb cut should be avoided as long as you don’t have that expertise. Shaping small stocks requires more patience and carefulness. Try to use guard always.
- Don’t overload your router unless you are experienced enough to tackle that. It is not good to force the bit too.
- Before starting your router to work, motor needs to be secured first. Don’t insert bits partially.
Though you get the basics of buying a good router table already, still there might be some questions spreading around your mind. This section will cover that area. Just take a look at it.
How much should I spend to buy a router table?
- It depends on the purpose of your buying. If you want a heavy duty router table, definitely you need to spend more. Note it; a same featured router table might vary in prices from brand to brand.
Can I cut anything else other than wood with my router table?
- As long as the material is soft that the wood, I presume there is no problem. But if the object is hardened than the wood, it would not be a good decision.
Can I remove the fence to get more comfort while working?
- Yes, you can as the fence is completely removable.
Which is the best brand that produces router table?
- It is tough to mention a name as best. But I can refer the names of Bosch, Bench Dog. They are good at producing router tables and doing the job for a couple of decades.
Now you know about the router tables a lot. Try to covert the learning into practice. While buying a router table try to remember the areas where you should look at. Try to select a good brand and a good product that can support your necessity. Don’t spend less or more, rather try to spend the amount which can bring you good. Following all the steps properly can easily bring you the best router table in the fastest period of time.