There are many different types of plasma cutters available in the market, some of them very easy to use, but do you know how to use a CNC plasma cutter?
As the CNC plasma cutter type is usually the most expensive plasma cutter available in the market.
Therefore, in order to use such a plasma cutter, you better know how to operate a CNC plasma cutting machine precisely and get served accordingly.
What is a CNC plasma cutter & what does it do?
Like every other plasma cutter, CNC plasma cutters have the same principle of cutting thick metal sheets.
Plasma cutters are the best option to cut thick to thickest steel sheets very fruitfully yet finely.
This sort of plasma cutter is used to cut metal sheets, which are commanded by a computer attached to it.
That is predominantly why manufacturing companies and industries, tailoring and fabricating, production of goods, etc. Companies use CNC plasma cutters frequently.
Read more: Hobart Plasma Cutter: The 3 best on the market review
In addition to that, cutting of heavy-duty materials has been possible to put in the queue so that extra manpower isn’t charged.
In this guide, you’ll get familiar with the simplest ways of how to use a CNC plasma cutter.
Prerequisites before learning how to use:
CNC plasma cutter is one of the very few types of plasma cutter that requires greater attention than any other in the initial period.
Although it is computer-operated, you need to make sure that each and every section is well ready before going live in operation.
Bonus: 3 Different Yet Classy Models of CNC Plasma Cutter
In order to do that, you’ll need to find out a few things before continuing with this guide on how to use a plasma cutter, such as:
- Check the power requirements out and out. Make a 3-phase connection and one-phase connection for according plasma cutters.
- Make sure that the metal cutting specimen is rigidly clamped to the corners of the table. If you don’t, then the specimen might get unstable and move away from the position it was initially.
- Keep away from the machine while operating. If possible, then use a glass door in-between you and the machine while operating.
Read More: How to use a MIG Welder for beginners
How to use a CNC plasma cutter:
Now comes the main part, When you are ready will all the criteria did, then it’s time to hit the on button.
You’ll need to follow a series of steps in order to use such a massive machine
1. Along with the CNC plasma cutter, you’ll be provided with a plasma cutting software compatible with the machine.
You’ll need to install the program and learn the software using the manual or hands-on in practicing with a lower graded material.
2. Make a precise plan of your cutting. Fix the X & Y axis of the board into the computer software that are simultaneously the length and the breadth of the table (on which the cutting is to take place).
3. When you are ready before hitting the CUT button, you’ll have to check the overall arrangement again. This is to make sure if the process will go correctly or not
4. If you don’t want to use the moving part of the laser, you can even just use the laser.
All you’ll need to do is to program the plasma arc at one single point and then use a bare hand on the table to move the specimen accordingly.
Read more: Plasma Cutting Aluminium – Can You Cut Aluminum With A Plasma Cutter?
You may see some videos below ( Source: Youtube)
When you are up to using a CNC plasma cutter, it is highly recommended that you read the manual of this machine thoroughly to grasp completely how to use a CNC plasma cutter.
This will make you aware of the nuts and bolts of the machine with its available options.
If you need to make the best use of the machine, then you’ll need to learn how to use it and then go for industrial applications as required.
Read More: How to use a Plasma Cutter – Plasma Cutting Beginners Guide