Both miter saws plus abrasive cut off saws are sometimes known as a chop saw. In either case, the round blade is mounted to a vertical joint with a handle which allows the operator to improve or lower the particular saw to the trimming surface. The operator doesn’t move the particular solid wood while trimming.
This is not the same as band saws where in fact the blade is stationary and the operator feeds the item into it. Best chop saw often includes a protractor fence and a new straight fence. These permit the consumer to slice directly angles for application such as door creating. The using techniques of chop saw are as follows:
7 Steps To Use A Chop Saw
Step 01: Obtain Components:
Work with a circular wood-cutting saw blade associated with the correct size for the model. Have the board you intend to slice, regardless of whether it’s 2 by 4, baseboard, overhead molding. Due to its style, a chop saw is probably not ideal for cutting large linens of plywood.
Step 02: Measure Twice but Cut Once:
Work with a tape measure or even ruler to mark along your desired piece. Work with a protractor in order to tag the desired position.
Step 03: Set Fences:
Put the item flush contrary to the directly fence. Change the protractor fencing by switching the particular handle on the bottom of the saw. The blade will combine with the base pivot. Align the gap that the noticed blade sinks into with the markings on your own piece.
Step 04: Set the Chop Saw up right:
If you are trimming flat pub, set the ongoing work in the clamp vertically. So this cut is by way of a thin layer the whole way. It is difficult for the blade in order to obvious the cuttings when it must cut across smooth function.
- For angle metal, set this on both sides, thus there is no smooth to cut through.
- If you set the particular chop saw right up on concrete, place a little bit of cement sheet, iron, or even damp plywood beneath it. That may maintain all those sparks from leaving behind a long term spot on the cement.
- A large amount of times along with a new chop saw, you will need to work with the saw on the ground. That’s due to the length and excess weight of the materials you might want to cut. Put something smooth and solid beneath the saw and use packers to aid the steel.
- Protect walls or home windows or any features you’re near. Remember, debris and sparks are discharged at high speeds to the trunk of the saw.
Step 05: Check Cut:
Prior to starting the motor, draw the saw blade straight down and confirm that it lines upward with the marking on your own little bit of wood. In case it can, you are prepared to cut.
Step 06: Cut Wood:
Flick on the charged power switch plus the blade will quickly turn. Contain the item flush contrary to the fencing with one hand when you lower the particular blade and drive it over the item with another. Don’t move the solid wood when you are cutting. The blade should cleanly cut it quickly. If the cut offers jagged edges it might be time and energy to sharpen the saw blades.
Step 07: Work Securely:
The best chop saw is more threatening than other styles of saws relatively. Although abrasive blades could cause lacerations and burns, a wood- trimming blade will easily sever a hasty operator’s fingers. In no way operate a new saw minus the blade guard set up. Prevent dealing with small bits of solid wood or producing small cuts when possible, for two reasons.
1. Smaller bits of wood need an individual to put his / her hands nearer to the cutting edge.
2. If the end of the item slips in to the gap by the end of the directly fence, it could be thrown at higher rates of speed. Always wear security goggles when working a chop saw.
- Use small and worn blades for trimming small stock.
- Damaged blades ought to be thrown away, as they could cause serious vibration that could, consequently, harm the machine.
- Make certain that the blade is tight enough it will not slip whilst under great pressure.
- Avoid trimming material that your saw is not really made to cut.