The PrimeWeld CT520D plasma cutter is yet another exceptional one that can weld and cut through metal like a hot knife through butter.
Today, I will present to you a complete Primeweld CT520D review.
Read More: Best Sellers in Plasma Cutting Equipment
- It is relatively easier to switch from a DC stick welder to a DC TIG welder
- Its lightweight and compact design allow for high portability.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Having a 3 in 1 combo machine saves on the extra cost of acquiring numerous machines.
- The PrimeWeld CT520D is also durable and designed to last long in harsh environments.
- The instruction manual it comes with is pretty bad.
- It only has general information on the different Primeweld models.
- It is difficult for beginners to set things up and to make matters worse the customer service is not reliable.
- The machine does not have a pilot arc in case you need to automate your cutting.
Introducing PrimeWeld CT520D
- Part Number: CT520D
- Item Weight: 35.7 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 23.6 x 16.8 x 12.8 inches
- Duty Cycle : 60% – 200A @ 220V
- Input Voltage : 110V -220V
- Rated Cut: 1/2″
- Max Cut: 1/2″
- Max Sever: 3/4″
- Pierce: 3/16″
- Cut speed: 8in/min
- Severance Speed: 3in/min
- Power efficiency: 85%
- Warranty: 1 year
PrimeWeld CT520D Review: Features and Benefit
Let’s analyze and evaluate the important details about PrimeWeld CT520D
Plasma and Welding Combo
The PrimeWeld CT520D plasma cutter has 3 combinations in one machine.
It can function as a TIG or stick welder as well as a plasma cutter. It can work up to 50 Amperes as a plasma cutter and up to 200 Amperes as a stick or TIG welder.
You can switch between each function quickly and easily.
A dual voltage capability – allows the machine to switch to either 110V or 220V automatically.
This comes in handy when you’re working in an area where a 220V power source is not available.
Lightweight & easily portable
The unit is light in weight (36 pounds). The PrimeWeld CT520D is easy to move around your workshop or the Jobsite.
It has a built-in air gauge that facilitates the regulation of the welding process.
PrimeWeld CT520D has a duty cycle of 60% and a maximum power efficiency of 85%. It can cut through a wide variety of metals up to 1/2″ thick.
Great Customer Service
Backed by a 3-year warranty and customer service is available 7 days a week.In addition, it also has a great Primeweld CT520D manual that is quite detailed.
Accessories and consumables
A feature that sets it apart from many others in the market today is the high quality of its accessories and consumables, all the way from the TIG torch, to the electrode holder for stick welding.
Who Is PrimeWeld CT520D for?
If you are out there searching for a machine that will cut through any metal and do some quality welding, then look no further.The PrimeWeld CT520D is the adequate budget machine that is suitable for DIY’ers, fabricators, metalworkers, and hobbyists.
|Combines plasma cutting, TIG/stick and arc welding functions in 1||Plasma Cutter Tig Stick Welder 3 in 1 Combo||Welding Machine Multi Functional Air Inverter Plasma Cutter 3 in 1|
|Input power frequency: 50Hz / 60Hz||Input power frequency: 50Hz / 60Hz|
|Cut various types of metal up to 1/2||Max Ideal Cut Thickness: 1/2"|
Max Severance Thickness: 3/4"
|Max cutting thickness: 1-8mm|
|Power efficiency: 85%||Power efficiency: 85%||Duty cycle: 60%; Efficiency:80%|
A lot of customers who have purchased this unit before agree that its workability and efficiency are overwhelmingly positive.
Since the machine comes at an affordable price; it is a perfectly good gift for enthusiasts who enjoy tackling small-scale metal projects.
Also, if you are a designer, metalworker, or welder, you seriously need the PrimeWeld CT520D. It’s the most economical tool out there that is meant for business.