Do you want the best MIG Welders? Worry less, because we have you covered.
The market is flooded with many brands of MIG welders, and every brand is claimed to be the best.
Well, we have done a marvelous job of reviewing the seven best MIG welders. We’ve mixed value with performance to help you opt for the best brand.
These brands have been found to weld faster and at precise. They will help you scale up your welding job.
Let’s jump right in and have a look.
Editor’s Top 3 Picks: Best MIG Welders
|Voltage - Amperage|
110V - 130A
|Voltage - Amperage|
115V - 170A
|Voltage - Amperage|
120V - 140A
0.030 - 0.035
- 1 7 Best MIG Welders Review 2019
- 2 1.Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine w/Free Mask
- 3 2.Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder 115V with Hobart 770150 MIG Multi-Function Welding Pliers
- 4 3. Lincoln Electric K2185-1 MIG Welder
- 5 4. Super Deal Commercial MIG 130 AC Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welder
- 6 5. Forney Easy Weld 261 140 FC-I Mig Welder
- 7 6. Forney Easy Weld 299 125 FC MIG Welder
- 8 7. LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Weld
- 9 Recommendations
- 10 What is Mig Welder?
- 11 Best MIG Welders Buyers Guide 2019
7 Best MIG Welders Review 2019
Let’s see Why it is Recommended!
Want to read more about the whole 7 Mig welder in the list?
Let’s dive into the details now and learn why these are the best Mig Welder.
1.Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine w/Free Mask
Goplus MIG 130 Welder Review
Goplus MIG 130 Welder is exquisite and compact MIG gas welder that is built of heavy-duty stainless steel and painted using durable yellow paint. These features ensure that it has a long-lasting service lifespan.
Also, Goplus Welder has no gas welder. It has flux-cored wire. It uses the convenient flux-cored wire together with self-release metal-inert gas when welding that helps in preventing the welded part from oxidation.
The four-level adjustable welding speed which enables easy current flow settings by just adjusting the buttons for MAX/MIN.1/2.
Its portable design makes it perfect for welding standard thin iron and steel. It gives it the bragging standards on why it’s the best for repairing tasks and home DIY.
The easy carrying handle, compact design, and light weight make it easy to transport and store. Its mini size which is practical obtains professional welding during work.
Goplus Mig Welder has a lot of complimentary like two air vents (assist in heat dissipation). Better still, it has full on/off safety control, protection mast real and chipping /brush hammer.
It can do stainless welding only with fluxed-core wire. Again, it is not a DC output welder.
- Very convenient because it can be used anywhere
- Lightweight and handy
- Quickly set up and easy to use.
- Has a great ability to stick two chunks of steel together.
- It works very fast though needs more practice.
- It well suits the price
- Makes strong and smooth welds.
- It can start to weld without the trigger being pulled.
- Impossible to use it in industrial work.
- All electric and can pose a challenge in the first time of use.
- No warranty for backing up claims.
Who Is It Built For?
Goplus Mig 130 is the best MIG Welder for people who perform home DIY, general repairing work, lite duty, art, farm repair, fabrication, and small welding.
Goplus Flux Welder is one of the best MIG welders that is simple to use. It works as expected.
2.Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder 115V with Hobart 770150 MIG Multi-Function Welding Pliers
Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder review
Hobart 500559 has a 5-voltage control selector which adds a smooth and stable arc at all welding thickness.
Build in contractor makes using it easy and provides safety when not in welding.
Separate “purge” settings of Hobart 140 MIG Welder allow you to cleanse gas line and also set flow rate while maintaining the wire.
Hobart Handler 140 has a dual groove drive rolls that ease switching between .023/.025 inches and .030/.035 wire.
The 5-output voltage settings together with wire feed tracking offer easy and quick adjustment when using different materials and thickness.
Even better, Hobart MIG Welder operates off 115V standard household current with wire feed speed ranging 40-700/pm. 50-740/pm at no load.
Hobart 500559 has extra cylinders which will mean additional cost which you must factor out with time.
- Easy to set-up and use.
- Great for a DIY welding project.
- Versatile with industrial performance.
- Less skill is required.
- The Hobart quality makes it durable.
- It’s portable following the lightweight design.
- Excellent arc performance which improves performance.
- Can’t be used together with a generator.
- It does not suit industrial use.
- Extra cylinders mean extra costs.
- Establishing a smooth wire feed can be a problem.
Who Is It Built For?
Hobart 500559 best suits individuals who work on DIY welding projects. If you want to weld exhaust system, auto body panels, tool carts, mower decks, lawn and garden equipment, trailer frames and hitches, gun/bow racks, metal sculptures, fences, and PTO attachments.
Hobart 140 MIG Welder is another best MIG welder which is small enough to work from anywhere. Its portable, versatile, easy to use and ideal for beginners. It is a MIG welder that does quality welds.
3. Lincoln Electric K2185-1 MIG Welder
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 MIG Welder Review
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 MIG Welder is another best MIG welder with MIG and flux-cored options which enhances diversification.
The multifunctionality options and 35-88-amp output makes it an excellent welding machine.
For added benefits, Lincoln welders has a cold contractor safety features which ensure that the wire is frozen until the gun trigger is pulled to heat it.
Its 115V and 20A outlets make it work with your household outlets well.
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 MIG Welder is fan-cooled which adds more on the longevity of the equipment.
The voltage settings plus the continuous wire feed speed adjusts let’s you to weld up to 1/8 inch thick.
A lot of extras in it like six contact tips, 3lbs of Spool, chipping/hammer brush.
Its Spool capacity is limited, so it fails to house the huge wire spools but can be transported with ease.
- It is a lightweight welder.
- The compact design makes it durable.
- Can work with household extras.
- Very handy.
- It has a lot of extras.
- The warranty makes the user confident when buying.
- It’s affordable.
- It is easy to get started.
- Easy to dial in the wire speed.
- Limited spool capacity.
- No gas gauge to show how much it is left in the bottle.
- Performs less than 1500 welders.
- Can overheat for long hours.
Who Is It Built For?
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 MIG Welder is ideal for hobby projects, home repairs, body panel replacement, roll cages and custom fabricating.
If you are looking for a high-quality and cheaper welder that works great for auto body panels and small project, Lincoln K2185-1 MIG Welder is for you.
4. Super Deal Commercial MIG 130 AC Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welder
Super Deal Mig Welder review
Super Deal Welder is among the list of the best MIG welders and portrays great features.
One of the great features of Super Deal Commercial Welder is that it is made of PVC material and delicate treatment which makes it in the top list household wad that is powerful, intuitive and lightweight. It gives a comfortable grip, high precision, and easy operation.
Super Deal Mig Welder uses suitable flux-cored wire which prevents the welded part from oxidation. It also uses self—release inert metal gas during welding.
The interface is user-friendly. You can set it up quickly even accessing advanced options hence giving you the power to tackle huge jobs easily and confidently.
Super Deal Commercial Welder is fitted with variable feed speed control that allows easy adjust current flow via the 4 MIN/MAX buttons. Also, the rotary knob is used in changing wire feeding speed.
For compact and power, Super Deal Commercial Welder weighs 38lbs.
Sometimes the wires can be energized without the trigger being pulled.
- Effective welding is making it fairly versatile.
- The price is worth the value.
- It is easily portable.
- It has great functionality.
- It’s easy to set up.
- Can be in the generator in the field.
- It is powerful.
- The breather can keep on popping when you use the cheap extension.
- The lowest feed setting might be faster than you would like.
- The included helmet is fake, but it’s a minor fault.
Who Is It Built For?
Super Deal Commercial Welder is suitable for novice, hobbyist, infrequent small jobs and biggest jobs. It’s also ideal for shop, home and field use. It’s great for people who want weld stainless and mild steel.
If you need the best MIG machine for thin materials like a sheet, you need Super Deal Commercial Welder. Its favorable for the novice as it can help the experiment different material and thickness.
5. Forney Easy Weld 261 140 FC-I Mig Welder
Forney Easy Weld 261 MIG welder review
Forney Easy Weld 261 makes the list of best MIG welders.
One great of it is that it is gasless/ flux-cored welding which prevents oxidation in the welded part.
Consequently, Forney Weld 261 has wire feed speed control and infinite voltage allows you for welding 24 gauge up to 1/4 inches.
Forney Easy Weld 261 has torch wrap that ensures efficiency and effectiveness.
Moreover, it includes 8-inch ground clump 8-inch MIG gun and 20 A-15A adapter. And for portability, Forney Easy Weld weighs 120V.
Forney Easy Weld 261 is limited to Forney industries part numbers 60170, 60171, 60172, 85336 and 85339.
- Its light weight makes it portable.
- Can weld up to 1/4″.
- The warranty gives you confidence when buying it.
- It has a reasonable price.
- Durable due to the strong material making it.
- Easy to use.
- Can be easily transported.
- Only compatible with Forney industry parts.
- It’s expensive but it’s worth the value.
- Not clean as you must clean the splatter.
- Flux-core may be tricky, but it’s easy to use.
Who Is It Built For?
Forney Easy Weld 261 is ideal for individuals who want to carry out DIY, metal fabrication, maintenance, and repair. It is also suitable for the hobbyist.
Forney Easy Weld 261 is one of the best MIG welders that can best suit amateurs. It performs as advertised. It is easily carried, easily operated and light. It is an excellent product that has a voltage regulator to protect it from electric shock.
6. Forney Easy Weld 299 125 FC MIG Welder
Forney Easy Weld 299 125 FC MIG Welder review
Forney Easy Weld 299 being one of the best MIG welders has lovely feature.
To begin with, it has added storage for more wire spool option 10 or 2 pounds. The wire feeds very well hence creating great beads on the weld.
For ease transport, Forney Easy Weld 299 has a portable design and a durable handle. You can easily carry it to your welding projects, DIY maintenance, and improvement.
Forney Easy Weld is made from quality thin gauged metal and durable plastic that enhances its quality.
Furthermore, it includes everything that you want to get your welding work started.
The green color makes Forney Weld 29901 more attractive.
Forney Easy Weld 29901 can’t work on thick-gauged mild steel.
- Heavy steel case and a nice finish make it durable.
- It is a high-quality MIG welder.
- The fantastic price makes it affordable.
- It has a nice arc which improves performance.
- It has a low maintenance cost.
- A welder that is quiet.
- Easy to use the welder.
- It works excellently on thin-gauged mild steel.
- The warranty assures you that it is long-lasting.
- Short workpiece ground wires and wire feeder.
- The wire feeder may sometimes fail.
- It has no gas canister capability.
Who Is It Built For?
Forney MIG welder is for people interested in single pass application, lite hobby use, DIY, small welding projects. It’s ideal for beginners.
Forney Easy Weld 299 is an excellent product with a beautiful feature with more pros than cons, easy to use, low maintenance and meets precise and quality. If you are planning for a smaller, durable, accurate, affordable and flux wired welder, you should not miss Forney Easy Weld 299.
7. LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Weld
LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Weld review
LOTOS MIG175 is another great welder that has impressive features.
First, it’s 175 A welding output suits welding mild steel, aluminum,
and other metal materials.
Its welding capacity of stainless/mild steel (18 gauge-1/4 inches) and aluminum (3/8 inches) proves that it’s powerful.
Also, the transformer technology is full proof that it’s durable and reliable. It can be connected easily to the 220V wall outlet. It can be set up in 10 minutes.
Naturally, it has a steady arc that heats the metal well without failing.
And it weighs only 85 pounds hence making it portable.
For protection, LOTOS MIG175 contain temperature controller and overload breaker.
Lastly, LOTOS MIG weld includes a high-speed spool gun that enables it to weld aluminum.
Works well for DIY guys but can’t function for production lines.
- Heavy duty welder that’s longlasting.
- Suitable for beginners as it is set up with ease.
- Can excellently weld Aluminum due to the spool gun.
- The adjustable feed wire adjusts your desired speed.
- It’s convenient as it can work off 220V.
- Welds fast and for long.
- Gets your job done neat and fast.
- It has thin cables.
- It has a loud, driven motor.
- Less portable due to its heaviness.
- It runs slightly hot.
Who Is It Built For?
It’s ideal if you are dealing with mild steel, aluminum, and stainless steel. It is perfect for fabricators. It’s nice for heavy duty and DIY.
LOTOS MIG175 is marvelous for homework done. It welds fast, welds ae precise and neat welds but can’t build marine.
From the seven best MIG welders, the three are our top recommendations.
Goplus Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed MIG 130 Welder
Goplus Flux is one of the best welders I would highly recommend. It is convenient because it can be used anywhere. It is fast, durable light and handy. It makes strong welds. More interestingly, it is easy to use.
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 MIG Welder
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 is another best MIG welder that should not be forgotten. The reason I recommend is that its lightweight, long life expectancy, convenient, affordable, easy to get started, durable and can work with other household extras.
Forney Easy Weld 261 140 FC-I Mig Welder
The last recommendation of the best MIG welders is Forney Easy Weld 261. The reason you should choose it is that it is durable, cheap, portable, easy to use, easy to transport and powerful.
What is Mig Welder?
Mig Welding Machine is an electronic welding machine that uses the arc welding method in a protective gas environment (Argon or Helium) where the main electrode is a molten welding wire automatically supplied to the welding object, especially with the addition of a set supply wire to co-crystallized with molten metal to form a weld.
This type of welding machine is currently commonly used in the production of tables, chairs, chassis, motorcycles, mechanical goods …etc.In addition, Mig welding machines have the ability to automate applications in welding, assembly robots, automatic welding equipment.
Advantages of MIG welding machines
- Welding speed is fast, continuous, saving welding materials.
- The quality of the weld is undisputed compared to conventional welding rods, flat, glossy welds, no welds, low power consumption.
- Welding is the most metal.
- Easy to automate.
- The long weld can be made without interruption.
- Low welding skills required still achieve high-quality welds to the required aesthetic.
- In the welding process, welding smoke and splashes will be reduced, and heat accumulation will be reduced because the welding wire is maximized in metal welding so that it can save cleaning time after welding, making sure the environment is less polluted.
- Improve welding productivity.
- Safe when using.
All the advantages of the Mig welding method mentioned above show that the final welding quality is better and more stable than the conventional welding machine. In addition, welders have better working conditions in all positions.
The work environment is less polluted because the welding fumes are minimized, the welding sparks do not shoot on the surface of the product or surrounding objects. Mig welding machines also help welders save time, costs, create high productivity.
Best MIG Welders Buyers Guide 2019
Currently, there are many different types of welding machines. To choose the right type of welding machine, you need to determine your job requirements. The following article of Plasmacutterexpert.com will suggest you how to choose for yourself the best and most suitable welding machine!
Despite the high cost but with outstanding advantages, MIG welding machines are still the preferred choice of many people in the field.
Products with diverse models, features, designs for users a variety of choices below will be six identified as important criteria to choose suitable electronic welding machines for user needs:
1. Choose the welding machine with the right capacity
Depending on the demand, users weigh the welding capacity corresponding to the demand of industrial welding for large projects with a capacity of 4.9kVA – 6 kVA, which is suitable for intermittent welding operations. , for families that choose a 3.6 – 4.9 kVA unit is sufficient.
2. Pay attention to the power source used
Depending on the working environment, choose the machine with the corresponding, suitable power, working in workshops, families, small-scale using 220v power source.
For large construction sites, requiring a welding current higher than 250A, it is recommended to use a 3-phase power source, which meets the safety of the equipment.
3. Pay attention to load cycles and performance
The load cycle is the continuous operating time with a stable welding current that requires a higher machine efficiency, the greater the welding current of the machine:
For small-scale work needs, efficiency is only about 20%, the welding needs less than 200A.
Demand for working on an industrial scale, the efficiency of 60% requires 300A welding current.
With heavy industry demands, difficult welds, long time, 80% efficiency needs welding currents above 300A.
4. Check the thickness of material to be welded
Depending on the thickness of the welding material that users often have to manipulate, choose the machine with the appropriate welding intensity, the thin welding object, the smaller the power and performance, the greater the thickness, the more power, and efficiency. will be higher.
The calculation of the thickness of the welding object 0.025mm requires 1A welding output strength for steel materials, depending on the material that the welding current will flexibly change increase or decrease.
5. Pay attention to weight and machine design
The electronic welding machine is characterized by a compact design and small volume, which is convenient for moving using a small and medium volume machine, with the family’s need to choose a mini machine, convenient book straps to help users conveniently. Convenient for carrying in construction sites, work areas.
Material is usually iron or stainless steel coated with electrostatic paint, anti-rust in outdoor conditions, dirt, safety design, protecting the device from foreign effects, impact resistance effectively.
6. Finally, the price and brand
Buying electronic welding machines, you need to choose a reputable brand to ensure quality, commitment to features, and efficient machine operation. Note the warranty policy from the manufacturer for long-term use.
Electronic welding machine how much? Currently, the price of electronic welding machines ranges from 1 to 5 million, customers compare prices of products with the same specifications and characteristics from firms to choose the right product.
Where should I buy the electronic welding machine? Customers wishing to pay attention should only buy portable welding machines at reputable establishments such as Amazon.
With the above knowledge, we hope to help you understand more about MIG Welding machines.
Read More: Lincoln 140 MIG Welder Review
You want to learn about the Best Welding Helmets