You are finding the best plasma cutter for the job, Hypertherm Powermax30 XP is the top pick we’ve for you. The Powermax 30 XP plasma cutting system delivers high performance in a small, portable package. The Hypertherm plasma cutter 30 XP is a versatile cutting tool for metal up to 5/8” (16 mm) thick along with fine-featured cuts for decorative use as well as Hypertherm’s FineCut technology for detailed cutting of thin metals.
Below is a Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP review that will make you consider investing in one. Let’s review the product and examine it a little bit further.
- Setting it up is easy, and it is very portable.
- Powerful and affordable.
- Come with other shaded glasses, rugged case, standard consumables, carry strap, and FineCut consumables.
- Powermax 30 operates on either 240V or 110V currents.
- You have to acquire an air compressor
- You will need extensive practice before mastering how to make precision cuts
- 1 Introducing Powermax 30 XP
- 2 Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP Review: Features and Benefits
- 2.1 Powermax 30 XP Easy to use
- 2.2 High Performance
- 2.3 Powermax30 offers a high-power cutting ability
- 2.4 Cuts a wide range of metals
- 2.5 Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP highly adaptable as it is able to run on both 110v and 240v
- 2.6 Hypertherm Powermax 30 air is a portable piece of equipment
- 2.7 High efficiency
- 2.8 Comes with extra gadgets for quick setup
- 2.9 Made in America
- 2.10 Very safe
- 2.11 Comes with the Duramax LT torch design
- 3 Who Should Buy Powermax 30 XP?
- 4 Comparison
- 5 Final Words
Introducing Powermax 30 XP
Hypertherm Powermax30 XP is one of the best plasma cutters for home use, as it’s available at a low price while offering more than enough of the features a hobbyist would need.
- Brand: Hypertherm
- Processes: Plasma cutting.
- Cutting Thickness: Steel – 3/8in neat cut and 5/8in maximum severance cut.
- Cuttable Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Aluminum etc.
- Input Power:120/240 V, 60 Hz.
- Input Phase: 1-Phase.
- Current Type: DC.
- Open circuit voltage (0CV): 256 VDC
- Maximum output: 30A
- Rated Output: 120V @ duty cycle 20%, 240V @ duty cycle 35%
- Torch Lead: 4.5m (15-foot torch lead)
- Gas supply / Recommended gas: Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen
- Weight: 21 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 6.6 x 12 inches (H x W x D)
Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP Review: Features and Benefits
Powermax 30 XP Easy to use
Whether you are an expert or beginner, you will find the cutter very easy to use. Because the Hypertherm plasma cutter 30 XP uses drag-cutting technology, which significantly reduces your learning curve and allows you to spend more time working.
The Hypertherm Powermax 30 plasma system 088079 is built with performance in mind from the ground up 50% increase in cutting power* for fast cut speeds.
Easy setup and controls allow you to get to work quickly thus boosting your overall productivity.
Powermax30 offers a high-power cutting ability
Especially relevant, the Powermax 30 XP offers capabilities for cutting thick metals up to 5/8″ or for delicate and precise cutting of thin metals. Changing the abilities is just a matter of configuration. You can set it to a high power to cut thick metals. The FineCut feature will appeal to craftspeople who need precise and delicate cuts.
Cuts a wide range of metals
Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP highly adaptable as it is able to run on both 110v and 240v
The unit can operate on 120 Volts or 240 Volts. To achieve this, it ships with adapter plugs. It also comes with the Safe Only Feature and Auto-Voltage technology. Also, the cutter works on compressed air.
Hypertherm Powermax 30 air is a portable piece of equipment
The cutter is very mobile, and you can carry it with you to your job site quite easily. Powermax 30 XP is relatively light as it tips the scales at 21lbs and its dimensions are 14×6.6×12 inches, it also comes with a hard plastic case.
The Powermax30 XP is very efficient, in fact, it is 70% more efficient as compared to other models. It operates on fewer consumables than other cutting systems comparable to it.In the long run, the focus on efficiency offsets the higher retail price.
Comes with extra gadgets for quick setup
The cutter comes with all you need to start using it. All is packed inside a lasting carrying case when you purchase the unit. Some of these items include shaded glasses and gloves.
Made in America
The Powermax 30 is an American product. It is thus designed to perform exceptionally well through years of heavy use. The cutter is therefore robust, reliable, and dependable.
The Hypertherm Powermax30 XP operates on nitrogen gas or air as opposed to explosive or dangerous gases, therefore ensuring your safety health-wise.
Comes with the Duramax LT torch design
Duramax LT torch design provides a comfortable and sure grip made from impact and heat resistant material.
Who Should Buy Powermax 30 XP?
If you are a novice to plasma cutters then Powermax 30XP is just the right gadget for you.You will get started in no time as it easy to learn and use.
However, if you prefer taking your plasma cutter to your job site, then the Powermax makes it easy for you as it is very light (portable).
Artists, craftspeople, and hobbyists will love the cutter due to its ability to produce delicate and thin cuts. Probably you work in metal artwork, ornamental or sign manufacturing, auto repair e.t.c, you will find the Powermax 30 XP a very efficient and versatile tool.
Ships with cord adapters
Glasses, gloves and cord adapters
3/8” of steel
5/8” on 220V and 1/2” on 120V
120V and 220V
120V and 220V
No dual mode
In conclusion, the Powermax30 XP is, no doubt, one of the best plasma cutters on the market. Hypertherm powermax30 XP plasma system 088079 has compelling features and an appropriate price. I would recommend it to you if you seek to buy a new cutter or upgrade to a better one.