To help you select the best welding helmet, we have picked the best welding helmet of 2021 and the desired features. You can look at them, consider the pros and cons, and then choose the one that fits your need the most.
Here are the best welding helmet reviews and many people choose on the market today.
Don’t have enough time to read the whole review?
Don’t worry!! Below are the 3 out of the 7 best choices that I’ve picked out for you:
|Best of the best||Best Value||Also Great|
|3.94"x2.87"||3.86"X1.78"||3.74” x 3.34”|
|11.8 x 7.9 x 9.4 inches||9 x 9 x 12 inches||13 x 10.5 x 10 inches|
|This is a great product I would recommend to anyone wishing to buy the best welding helmet.
TackLife PAH03D has a broad application, has a comfortable ergonomic, reduces eye-straining, and protects 100% AR/UV protection.
|If you are looking for another beautiful helmet, Antra Welding Helmets is the best welding helmet for you because it has a fast switching speed.
Antra AH6-260-0000 Welding Helmet is a cheap welding helmet with a helmet tightening system.
Also, the magnifying lens compatibility gives a great feature to this helmet.
|Lincoln Electric is one of the best that function flawlessly.
It has the most extensive view area that enables you to view a wide range of areas.
With is durable and switches between light and darkness very fast.
No other helmet that can see in the puddle better than Lincoln Electric 3350.
It can work for many hours well; seeing what you are doing well.
Lincoln Electric 3350 Welding Helmet offers a lot of comforts and protects the eyes from dangerous rays.
|Lithium Metal Battery||Lithium Metal Battery||Lithium Metal Battery|
- 1 Best Welding Helmet Review: Features and Benefits
- 2 #1. Antra AH6-260 Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet- Best Value
- 3 #2. TackLife PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet – Best of the Best
- 4 #3. DEKOPRO Welding Helmet – Also Great
- 5 #4. Lincoln Viking 3350 Auto Darkening
- 6 #5. Fibre-Metal 110PWE Pipeliner Fiberglass Welding Helmet
- 7 #7. ESAB Sentinel A50 Welding Helmet
- 8 Buy Guide
Best Welding Helmet Review: Features and Benefits
We have gone a step further to many best welding helmet reviews. This will help you choose the best welding helmet that won’t disappoint you while doing your welding or cutting job.
Let’s dive into the details now and learn why these are the best Welding Helmets.
#1. Antra AH6-260 Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet- Best Value
- Its versatility makes it easy to be used in different applications.
- Better than fixed shade glass and goggles at a cheap cost.
- A very light design that weighs 435 gr.
- Reasonably priced compared to other helmets.
- It’s a magnifying lens compatible.
- It creates the best value for your money.
- Auto-darkening and fast switching speed.
- The helmet tightening system is great.
- It has a smaller view compared to other expensive models.
- Some parts of the helmets like nuts are of low quality.
- They are not very durable.
- The solar-powered system may not function when no solar.
Antra AH6-260 Welding Helmet Review
Antra AH6-260 Welding Helmet is one of the best. It is one of the perfect upgrades for fixed shade glass and goggles.
Consequently, this helmet has a solar-powered cell that can be replaced making it flexible and easy to use. For better protection, this great helmet has an inbuilt auto-darkening lens fitted with a passive filter and permanent UV protection at 13 shade.
Read More: Cool welding helmets – Badass Welding Hoods, Helmets & Masks
At the same time, its auto-darkening filtered with a shade ensures that you always protect your eyes from the sharp welding glare. You will not be required to take your helmet after welding hence creating efficiency and saving time.
Again, the Antra Welding helmet has a magnifying lens compatible which is a unique feature of it. The magnifying lens ensures you pay attention to jobs that have detailed information. The 2*4-inch magnifying lens plays the role.
Better still, its replaceable batteries plus solar power assist in ensuring that your work continues even if the power goes off. If you don’t have the battery, you can still turn on the solar assist feature. With solar power, you can work without interruptions at all.
Its fast switching speed from light to dark assist you from being flushed. Being flushed means that your setting is not adjusted well. Use the knob to change and increase sensitivity.
Antra AH6-260 has an impressive and relatively large view area ensures that you can see what you are doing and the area in general.
Who is Antra AH6-260 built for?
Antra AH6-260 welding helmet is suitable for people who work in grinding, cutting, and welding application. Again, it is for guys who have a tight budget.
#2. TackLife PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet – Best of the Best
- Cheaper and better than other brands.
- It has long-lasting batteries that keep you going.
- Easy to flip up/ down and take on/off.
- It is lighter and holds up pretty well.
- Very comfortable as it has multiple ways of adjusting the helmet straps.
- Clear enough to see weld puddle when dark.
- The control panel is easy to use.
- The black bag protects it from dust and scratches.
- The reset button may be problematic
- Flimsy and weak headband
- The battery is nearly impossible to access and replace.
- Sometimes it can reset false triggers from fluorescent or LED lighting.
- In some instances putting a 3× lens may be hard.
TackLife PAH03D Welding Helmet review
PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet has a top optical class of 1/1/1/1 which offers both you and your eyes the best protection. It has an extensive shade range of 9-13/ 3/4 -8 which covers most of the conventional welding or plasma cutting profession.
For better welding precision, it has a super large view area measuring 3.9*2.87 inches (100*73mm) fitted with 4 premium sensors that provide a brighter and clearer field of view and good ventilation.
TackLife PAH03D Professional also contains an adjustable, sensitivity, and step-less delay knob. And the magnifying lens has a compatible design.
The quick adjustable and responsive headband has an up and down turning design. This design helps to reduce fatigue of your neck and brings comfort. Surprisingly, it has less than 0.00004 seconds fast auto-darkening time.
The PA material used to make this helmet is flame-retardant and corrosion-resistant, which makes it lighter and durable compared to PP. It includes a black bag and a 6 pcs lens. The bag prevents dust and eases storage.
Additionally, it comes with a sustainable and eco-friendly CR2450 lithium battery.
Who is TackLife PAH03D built for?
TackLife PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet best suits MIG welding and stick welders.
#3. DEKOPRO Welding Helmet – Also Great
- It is built to work in a different environment.
- Has a clear and comfortable view.
- It offers ultimate eye protection.
- Contains enhanced color recognition and visibility.
- Easy to assemble and adjust.
- It has vivid-looking graphics and perfectly working darkening screens.
- Suitable for long hours of work.
- The manual description usually meets different needs.
- Sometimes, it doesn’t get flipped well, but it’s worth the price.
- Adjusting the knobs can be problematic.
- When welding overhead items, it can dim.
- If you don’t leave it in light for the first time, it can be tricky.
- It has a smaller band that needs to be enlarged.
DEKOPRO Welding Helmet review
DEKO Welding Helmet another awesome helmet that best suits you.
One of the great features of DEKO is that it has an auto-darkening filter that switches from light to dark within 1/25000 seconds.
When electric fails, the welder will be protected from AR and UV radiation due to shade 6.
The 1/2/1/2 rating meets the EN3794/913 and ANS121287/1-2010 standards. With these features, you are assured of the ultimate protection of your eyes.
DEKO Welding Helmet also has a 3.62*1.65 inches standard and clear view area which gives a clear, comfortable view. Variation of luminous transmittance, diffusion of light, and regular dependence help the welder to see different angles.
DEKO Auto Darkening Welding Helmet being lightweight allows you to work for many hours. Better yet, the headgear is fatigue-free and comfortable.
The ADF Dx-500s auto-darkening filter allows welders to get used to various environments by just controlling the lens schedule.
Naturally, it is fitted with delay and sensitivity settings for the welder to adapt to various task durations and environments. Its color recognition and visibility are highly enhanced. It has a switching speed of 0.1s-1.0s.
Who is it built for?
DEKO Welding Helmet is suitable for grinding and welding in construction, food and beverage manufacturing, automotive, military maintenance, mining, metal production and fabrication, repair and operation, transportation, gas, and oil, etc.
#4. Lincoln Viking 3350 Auto Darkening
- I can see in the puddle much better than any other helmet.
- Adjustable delay control.
- Auto-darkening LCD.
- Has a considerable viewing area of 12 square inches.
- It switches between the lights very quickly.
- Fit greatly and functions flawlessly.
- An incredible clean inactive state.
- Durable when fall off by mistake.
- It is lightweight and highly valuable.
- The black glossy color scratches easily.
- Heavy when you are working all day.
- No stop to prevent it from falling when someone looks down.
- Has a big harness.
- It is small compared to some other helmets.
Lincoln 3350 welding helmet review
This is another awesome helmet that darkens automatically when you start and when you stop, it clears up.
The lincoln 3350 welding helmet has excellent optical clarity. A good helmet is one with excellent optical clarity. This feature enables you to see what you are doing clearly while on the helmet. It ensures quality work is achieved and maintaining safety.
Unlike some other welding helmets that show an unclear hazy view, Lincoln offers a crisp image view. No part of the viewing area is obscure. It has a uniform shading and protects you even when you look at a different angle.
This great helmet has a 3.74*3.34 inches viewing area which makes it the best when it comes to the viewing area. Most helmets range between 6 and 9 square inches; Lincoln tops the list with 12 square inches.
You can view from different angles clearly because sometimes you need to tilt your head at an angle. Hence the helmet maintains a clear view throughout.
Who is Lincoln Electric 3350 built for?
Lincoln Electric 3350 is perfect for people who want to weld at high amperes and also those who want to improve their convenience and safety. Beginners and experienced welders are suited well by this product.
#5. Fibre-Metal 110PWE Pipeliner Fiberglass Welding Helmet
- Easily adjustable due to the constant rubber headband.
- The helmet is balanced and stable during long welding.
- It gives an optimal weld viewing.
- Offers a clear and safe vision.
- Durable due to the super-tough glass.
- It’s safe as it protects the welder from chips and splits.
- Wraps very close, which is a perfect thing in welding.
- Super lightweight, comfortable, and cost-effective.
- The plastic filter can break if not handled with care.
- The rubber band for the headgear can be ridiculous.
- It has a long bottom.
- Hotter due to the tinted lens.
- The elastic band can easily slip away.
Fiber metal 110pwe pipeliner welding helmet review
Fiber-Meta dark-colored welding helmet is one of the best. It has a rugged and tough super glass otherwise it is lightweight. The super glass is moisture impervious and resistant to prevent chips and cracks.
You will love its smooth surface because it deflects sparks as it is self-extinguishing. Furthermore, it has an impact design that allows access to tight clearances and small spaces where a standard welding helmet can’t fit.
The Fibre-Metal 110PWE Pipeliner Fiberglass Welding Helmet has 2*4 shade 10 lenses which allows clear viewing of the puddle. This makes it have a clear vision. It also filters out 100% AR and UV wavelength to enhance maximum eye protection.
Welding helmets have a constant fit rubber headband that is pliable and offset for a custom fit. The rubber headband contains adjustments that assist in setting the welding mask to find the best working position and also an optimal weld viewing point.
The free-floating arms of the Auto-darkening Welding Helmet ensure comfort by minimizing pressure points. The arms will also provide the welding helmet with the right balance and stability during welding.
Who is it built for?
Auto-darkening Welding Helmet suits well people who are willing to work in the welding or cutting industry for long hours.
#6. Jackson Safety Insight 46131 Welding Helmet
- Easily adjustable.
- Adjusting high/low the helmet is easy.
- Allows welders to work in various working environments.
- You get excellent features at a value.
- The ratcheting back is very stable.
- Lightweight but durable.
- The helmet is quickly turned on and off.
- our hair can be caught in the hinges.
- Too small for respiration.
- The jaw-line is too short.
- The plastic can be flimsy when mishandled.
Jackson Safety Insight 46131 Welding Helmet Review
Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is another excellent brand that ensures that you do a great job, safely and efficiently. It has auto dark filters which enable welders to adapt to various working environments by offering you control-ability and giving sensitivity adjustments.
This series of welding helmets have great auto-darkening filters that assist in getting high-level elements or superior performance welding (especially in MIG welding, arc welding, AIG welding, and more) without a price tag.
The Welding Helmet lens offers an ADF with multifunction. And digited controls for any welding job.
The two easy-to-replace lithium batteries ensure the helmet work non-stop. The indicator light shows when the battery is running low to alert you. The performance of this helmet is top-notch because of its high switching speed of 1/10000 second which boosts its functionality.
Who is it built for?
Jackson safety 46131 Welding Helmet best suits grind and well models, industrial business, and serious hobbyists.
#7. ESAB Sentinel A50 Welding Helmet
- It is straightforward to clean.
- It is a nice shell.
- Lightweight hence can work on it for long hours.
- It is colorful and attractive.
- Its properties allow it to work in different environments.
- The streamlined shape makes it stable.
- The viewing area is vast and clear.
- It has a flush outside that makes the lens easy to scratch.
- When new, you can see your breath on the lens but will end.
- I can’t work on hot things due to the tinted lens.
- Its lens is expensive.
- It has a curved lens that allows sharp light to pass through.
ESAB Sentinel A50 Welding Helmet reviews
This helmet is one of the best welding helmets you will find in the market today.
ESAB Sentinel A50 Darkening Welding Helmet has a great viewing area measuring 100*60m or 3.93*2.36 inches. The view area allows you to have a wide range of views.
The headgear provides adjustable 5-point comfort and balance. The large headgear provides comfort to the welder.
The central pivot point of the helmet gives space for the head as the helmet is in position.
This great product is an externally activated grind button and shade 3 grind mode.
Furthermore, it has a streamlined shape and a spherical front cover lens, which makes you comfortable at all times.
Better still, ESAB Sentinel A50 also has a hyper sensible LED control panel that is easy to operate.
Finally, this brand of helmet has a high-performance ADF (auto-dark filter) which makes the optical class brighter and more transparent.
Who is ESAB Sentinel A50built for?
ESAB Sentinel A50 will adequately fit people who do plasma welding, oxyfuel cutting/gouging, plasma gouging/cutting, grinding, low AM TIG rating, and carbon arc gouging.
Types of welding helmets
- Solar-powered welding helmets: Helmets that use sunlight as their source of power.
- Battery-powered welding helmets: They use a battery as their source of power.
- Solar and battery-powered welding helmets: They are designed in a way you can use either solar of power.
- Auto-darkening welding helmets: These helmets sense to the welding glare automatically.
- Passive welding helmets: Kind of helmets that don’t automatically detect when you start and stop welding.
- Welding helmets with fixed shade lenses: These lenses you can’t change their glasses when they get faulty.
- Welding helmets with variable shade lenses: You can replace their lens when they break, or they are scratched.
What to consider before buying a welding helmet
- Solar-powered or battery-powered: Some masks are battery powered and others that solar-powered. Some even have both powered systems.
- Viewing size: Every helmet has a different viewing area. It’s you to choose which one suits you best.
- Shading: Which shade do you want most? Brighter or less bright? Every helmet has its shading. Opt for the one that suits you.
- TIG welding: A helmet that supports TIG welding is said to perform well. They can be used in many different working environments.
- Changing speed: Depending on your needs, choose a helmet that has your preferred changing speed. Most of them have 0.00004 seconds while others have 0.00001 speed.
- Helmet color: There are a variety of colors. Many people have different colors. Choose the one that has your favorite color.
- Helmet shape and size: We have different tastes and preferences when it comes to shape and size. Every brand comes with its form.
- Standards: You should consider helmets that pass all the standards to ensure that you purchase high-quality and durable ones.
Read More: Lincoln Welding Helmet: Electric Variable-Shade Auto-Darkening Helmet Review