Hypertherm Powermax 45 Overview
Plasma cutting is the process of cutting through metals by use of a jet of hot plasma. The process is only used to cut through metals that are electrically conductive. Such metals include copper, steel, brass, and aluminum.
The Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP plasma cutter is one of the best plasma cutters in the industry. Powermax plasma cutter is a portable plasma cutter system that is designed to give more. It has an increased output, therefore, increased speeds of cutting.
For easy setup and operation, the device has an automatic gas adjustment. With this device, you can cut through a wider range of metals of varying thickness. Additionally, you get the benefits of precision gouging such as marking and spot weld removal.
The main thing that sets the Hypertherm Powermax 45 above its competition is the adoption of technology. The device has plenty of patent modifications and technology to make it more efficient than most plasma cutters.
One such technology is the drag-cut technology. This particular modification makes the device easy to use even for first-time users.
Air pressure is a major factor in plasma cutting materials. This is why the Hypertherm Powermax 45 comes equipped with SmartSense technology. The purpose of this technology is to ensure the air pressure is always correct.
The result of this is a precise cut on the metal.
Versatility and convenience
The Hypertherm Powermax 45 is incredibly versatile. To begin with, it is light in weight making it more portable. It is also small in stature thus making it quite convenient for a 16mm or 5/8”-rated cutting system.
The device is equipped with FastConnect torch connection and CNC interface. These two patented technologies make it possible for the device to be both mechanically operated as well as handheld.
You can choose from a wide variety of consumable and torch styles. These apply to both handheld as well as automated processes.
The Hypertherm Powermax 45 has a wide array of application capabilities. These are made available via consumables.
Hypertherm Powermax 45 is designed to give you maximum output. This reduces the amount of time you spend on a particular project, therefore, saving you time. It has a cut speed of about 1.5 times faster than normal oxyfuel cutters.
In order to reduce the amount of time spent grinding and preparing the edges, the Hypertherm Powermax 45 grants you a superior cut and gouge quality.
Consumables normally require to be changed out rapidly. To enable it to do this, the Hypertherm Powermax 45 has a torch disable feature that is brand new.
The Duramax torches that the Hypertherm Powermax 45 is equipped with are dependable. They are heat resistant and are designed to withstand high impacts.
Consistency in starting is a key illustration of dependability of the device. It is for this reason that the device is equipped with SpringStart technology. This technology not only ensures consistent starting but also the optimum performance of the torch.
In plasma cutting, the environments can get pretty daunting. For this reason, Hypertherm Powermax 45 is equipped with Hypertherm Certified reliability. This technology ensures peak performance even in the most daunting of environments.
Low environmental impact
Plasma cutters are generally more energy efficient that oxyfuel cutters. They spend up to 11% less energy making them more conservative of energy.
Additionally, all the components used by the Hypertherm plasma cutter are recyclable. Therefore, the device manages to deliver more cutting power than oxyfuel cutters while bearing less weight.
- The device is generally light making it portable
- Hypertherm Powermax 45 has a small carbon footprint as it uses less energy than its predecessors.
- It is very powerful delivering 14% more power than most devices within its range
- The device is equipped with plenty of technology that ensures it is functioning at optimum functionality.
- The device lasts for a long period of time courtesy of its rugged dependability
- It is fast therefore helping you to complete your projects faster.
- It is more expensive than other cutters within its range
- The device lacks the capability for maximum removal of gouging.
Hobart 500565 Airforce 27i Plasma Cutter 120/240V
- The device comes equipped with an MVP or a Multi-Voltage Plug. This enables you to connect both 240V and 120V connections.
- It can easily cut through 3/8 mild steel but could also sever 5/8 mild steel.
- The device offers a precise cut. This means a thinner kerf that results in less slag that you need to clean up.
- To prevent internal component damage from dust and other particles, they equipped the device with wind tunnel technology.
- It is easy to use as reviewed by most customers
- The device is relatively new to the market hence there are no long-time reviews.
- It is low on power as its maximum limit is 5/8 of mild steel.
Hobart 500566 Airforce 40i Plasma Cutter 240V
This is a powerful plasma cutter from Hobart. It has the capability of cutting through 7/8 of mild steel.
- The device can cut through 7/8 mild steel at 50% the duty cycle.
- It comes equipped with AutoRefire technology. This allows the user to cut through perforated metals and even cut on painted surfaces.
- The trigger has an ergonomic trigger to ensure the safety of the user
- It has an efficient air consumption rate
- It is easy to set up and use as reported by most customers
- The device is new in the market hence the absence of long-time users. This means the reviews and ratings so far are based on new buyers and cannot be said to be definitive.
The Hypertherm Powermax 45 comes equipped with a wide array of inbuilt technologies. These patent technologies set the device above its competition in several ways. It is light portable and convenient.
In addition to all that, it is ruggedly dependable. These features make it a must buy for anyone in the metal cutting business.