Wondering around to get some exciting information about plasma cutter? Well, get assured that you have come to a place where you can get valuable information. The first and foremost matter in case of buying a new plasma cutter is whether the technical specification and the abilities of the plasma cutter matches with what you want or not. But as things change, we are here to get you acquainted with what you requirements should be and what you can do as we are about to introduce a new plasma cutter product that is termed as Lotos Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter, model LTPDC2000D.
Technical & general specifications of the Lotos Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter:
A plasma cutter should be equipped with high tech electrical and electronic matters that will make the product robust and like a player to everything. But you can say that this is a portable device yet consisting almost all the necessary features a unique plasma cutter entails. Not only that, but this has a function plus compared to any generic cutters. Moving forward towards the technical specifications will let you know what is that exquisite option-
- Both, stick/tig welding and plasma cutting: Ever heard of Stick welding and plasma cutting both available at a single working station? Yes, the Lotos pilot arc has provisioned this. This cutter is capable of cutting thick steel sheets where you need deep cutting and also precise plasma cutting where you need perfection prior to cutting depth. Both the options are highly effective in this working station. Both optional welding occurs at about 200A welding current. You can even have aluminum sticks along with this product for your convenience.
- Robust IGBT Technology inside: This tremendous cutter has been equipped with Latest power driven matrix named Infineon IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor). This part of the product has been developed and manufactured by Siemens, one of the world-class tech companies. This is the part of the product that allows precise plasma arc producing provisions and necessary environments. All in all, this is the transformer, which helps to product such powerful flaming arc at the lid of the plasma torch.
- Dimensions and weight: This product measures 17 x 8 x 12.5 inches and weighs only 44.5 pounds. The measurement of this product is quite flexible and feasible for powerful works at home. Moreover, the weight isn’t that much compared to heavy duty and robust welding stations. You can easily take this product and move here and there while working. However using longer wire is recommended rather than moving the base station frequently.
- Buttons, displays and ease of communicating with the product: With this product, you are going to see a lot of options and buttons on the frontal panel. At the top left portion, there is the on/off button. At the top right portion, there is a display panel that shows the current rating of the plasma arc or the current flowing through the specimen while working. This current can easily be increased or decreased through the knob just below the current display panel.
At the bottom left corner of the frontal panel, you can see a knob that allows you to use whether the tig/stick welding or plasma cutting mechanism. Just at the bottom middle of the panel, you can see another tab that controls the cutting type whether the material is easy to cut and soft or hard and harsh. At the right side of this knob and before the current knob, you’ll get another knob which will decide if you will use the pedal or machine option for cutting the material.
- Heat ventilators: As for being high tech equipment, this product will surely generate a great amount of heat. But you don’t need to worry at all. If you take the product in your hands, you’ll see that there are well perforated and ventilations made around the product wall. The heat generating from the transformer and the internal equipment easily gets disbursed outside to the air and keeps the product running.
Safety measures to follow:
Whenever you are doing something dangerous, you need to be equipped with all the gadgets and gears for protection disregarding the level of working. Tig/stick welding with aluminum sticks causes a lot of flame sparking out of the cutting plane, which might cause to trigger flames. Therefore, you better keep your body portions covered with insulating materials. And never forget to keep the working spot far from any sort of fabric or clothing zone.
It is highly recommended to keep safety measures beside you while working even if you are equipped with high security equipment. It is always recommended to keep CO2, water pipelines/drums filled, antiseptic solutions etc. Ultimately, you need to be very careful while working because accidents never cause intentionally. You never know what’s gonna happen next.
To make the best use of the Lotos pilot arc plasma cutter, you’d better get acquainted with all of its specifications first and then go for the feedbacks and reviews. Reading those, you’ll get to know how the product is and how capable it is at doing things. After you’ve known everything, you can move forth towards cutting any specific steel sheets you need for your project works or any other personal works.