Using a welding helmets while working is indispensable for the welding mechanic worker.
Are you ready to weld efficiently, improve your performance and offer quality work to your clients without endangering your eyes by using Best Plasma Cutter and best welder combined with best welding helmets available?
Why use welding helmets?
The welding helmet is one of the most important protective equipment that a welder needs to be equipped during work.
A good welding helmet will help workers protect eyes and skin from light rays and invisible radiation (ultraviolet rays, infrared rays with high radiation energy), protection from Splashes of objects during work avoid a number of potential hazards in welding:
- Burned, injured by the arc of the electric arc shot at the skin.
- The light of the electric arc causes visual impairment.
- Burns caused by molten metal particles or splashes on the face and neck during welding.
- Being poisoned by toxic gases and dust generated during welding.
Here are the best welding helmet reviews and many people choose on the market today.
Don’t have enough time to read the whole review?
Don’t worry!! Below are the 3 out of the 7 best choices that I’ve picked out for you:
|Best of the best||Best Value||Also Great|
|3.94"x2.87"||3.86"X1.78"||3.74” x 3.34”|
|11.8 x 7.9 x 9.4 inches||9 x 9 x 12 inches||13 x 10.5 x 10 inches|
|Lithium Metal Battery||Lithium Metal Battery||Lithium Metal Battery|
Let’s see why They are called the best welding helmets!
Best of the Best: TackLife PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet
This is a great product I would recommend to anyone wishing to buy the best welding helmet.
TackLife PAH03D has a broad application, has a comfortable ergonomic, reduce eye straining and protect 100% AR/UV protection.
Read more about this product HERE.
Best Value: Antra AH6-260-0000 Welding Helmet
If you are looking for another beautiful helmet, Antra Welding Helmet is the best welding helmet for you because it has a fast switching speed.
Antra AH6-260-0000 Welding Helmet is cheap welding helmet with a helmet tightening system.
Also, the magnifying lens compatible gives a great feature to this helmet.
Read more about this product HERE.
Also Great: Lincoln Electric Welding Helmet
Lincoln Electric Welding Helmet is one of the best welding helmets that function flawlessly.
It has the most extensive view area that enables you to view a wide range of area.
With is durable and switches between light and darkness very fast.
No other helmet that can see in the puddle better than Lincoln Electric 3350 .
It can work for many hours well; seeing what you are doing well.
Lincoln Electric 3350 Welding Helmet offers a lot of comforts and protects the eyes from dangerous rays.
Read more about this product HERE.
Best Welding Helmets Review
Let’s dive into the details now and learn why these are the best Welding Helmets.
The 7 Best Welding Helmets included in this list are:
- #1. Antra AH6 Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
- #2. TackLife PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet with Highest Optical Class for TIG MIG MMA Plasma
- #3. Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
- #4. Lincoln Electric 3350 Welding Helmet
- #5. Fibre-Metal 110PWE Welding Helmet
- #6. Jackson Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet
- #7.Esab Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet
#1. Antra AH6 Welding Helmet Review
If you are looking for another beautiful helmet, Antra is the best welding helmet for you because it has a fast switching speed. It is cheap with a helmet tightening system. Also, the magnifying lens compatible gives a great feature to this helmet.
Antra AH6 Welding Helmet is one of the best welding helmets. It is one of the perfect upgrades for fixed shade glass and goggles.
Consequently, this helmet has a solar-powered cell that can be replaced making it flexible and easy to use.
For better protection, this great helmet has inbuilt auto-darkening lens fitted with a passive filter and permanent UV protection at 13 shade.
At the same time, its auto darkening filtered with a shade ensures that you always protect your eyes from the sharp welding glare. You will not be required to take your helmet after welding hence creating efficiency and saving time.
Again, Antra Welding helmet has a magnifying lens compatible which is a unique feature of it. The magnifying lens ensures you pay attention to jobs that have detailed information. The 2*4-inch magnifying lens plays the role.
Better still, its replaceable batteries plus solar power assist in ensuring that your work continues even if the power goes off. If you don’t have the battery, you can still turn on the solar assist feature. With solar power, you can work without interruptions at all.
Its fast switching speed from light to dark assist you from being flushed. Being flushed means that your setting is not adjusted well. Use the knob to change and increase sensitivity.
Antra AH6 has an impressive and relatively large view area ensures that you can see what you are doing and the area in general.
- Its versatility makes it easy to be used in different applications.
- Better than fixed shade glass and goggles at a cheap cost.
- A very light design which weighs 435 gr.
- Reasonably priced compared to other helmets.
- It’s magnifying lens compatible.
- It creates the best value for your money.
- Auto-darkening and fast switching speed.
- The helmet tightening system is great.
- It has a smaller view compared to other expensive models.
- Some parts of the helmets like nuts are of low quality.
- They are not very durable.
- The solar-powered system may not function when no solar.
Who is it built for?
Antra welding helmet is suitable for people who work in grinding, cutting and welding application. Again, it is for guys who have a tight budget.
#2. TackLife PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet Review
This is a great product I would recommend to anyone wishing to buy the best welding helmet. TackLife PAH03D has a broad application, has a comfortable ergonomic, reduce eye straining and protect 100% AR/UV protection.
TackLife PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet has a top optical class of 1/1/1/1 which offers both you and your eyes the best protection. It has an extensive shade range of 9-13/ 3/4 -8 which cover most of the conventional welding or plasma cutting profession.
For better welding precision, it has a super large view area measuring 3.9*2.87 inches (100*73mm) fitted with 4 premium sensors that provide a brighter and clearer field of view and good ventilation.
TackLife PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet also contains adjustable, sensitivity and step-less delay knob. And the magnifying lens has a compatible design.
The quick adjustable and responsive headband which has an up and down turning design. This design helps to reduce fatigue of your neck and brings comfort. Surprisingly, it has less than 0.00004 seconds fast auto darkening time.
The PA material used to make this helmet is flame retardant and corrosion resistant, which makes it lighter and durable compared to PP. It includes a black bag and 6 pcs lens. The bag prevents dust and eases storage.
Additionally, it comes with a sustainable and eco-friendly CR2450 lithium battery.
- Cheaper and better than other brands.
- It has long lasting batteries that keep you going.
- Easy to flip up/ down and take on/off.
- It is lighter and holds up pretty well.
- Very comfortable as it has multiple ways for adjusting the helmet straps.
- Clear enough to see weld puddle when dark.
- The control panel is easy to use.
- The black bag protects it from dust and scratches.
- The reset button may be problematic
- Flimsy and weak headband
- The battery is nearly impossible to access and replace.
- Sometimes it can reset false triggers from fluorescent or LED lighting.
- In some instances putting a 3× lens may be hard.
Who is it built for?
TackLife PAH03D Professional Welding Helmet best suits MIG welding and stick welders.
#3. DEKO Welding Helmet review
DEKO Welding Helmet another awesome helmet that best suits you.
One of the great features of DEKO is that it has an auto-darkening filter which switches from light to dark within 1/25000 second.
When electric fails, the welder will be protected from AR and UV radiation due to shade 6.
The 1/2/1/2 rating meets the EN3794/913 and ANS121287/1-2010 standards. With these features, you are assured of the ultimate protection of your eyes.
DEKO Welding Helmet also has 3.62*1.65 inches standard and clear view area which give a clear, comfortable view. Variation of luminous transmittance, diffusion of light and regular dependence helps the welder to see different angles.
DEKO Auto Darkening Welding Helmet being lightweight allows you to work for many hours. Better yet, the headgear is fatigue-free and comfortable.
The ADF Dx-500s auto-darkening filter allows welders to get used to various environments by just controlling the len’s schedule.
Naturally, it is fitted with delay and sensitivity settings for the welder to adapt in various tasks durations and environment. Its color recognition and visibility are highly enhanced. It has a switching speed of 0.1s-1.0s.
Read More: Lincoln Electric Easy-MIG 140 Welder Review
- It is built to work in a different environment.
- Has a clear and comfortable view.
- It offers ultimate eye protection.
- Contains enhanced color recognition and visibility.
- Easy to assemble and adjust.
- Has a vivid looking graphics and perfectly working darkening screens.
- Suitable for long hours of work.
- The manual description usually meets different needs.
- Sometimes, it doesn’t get flipped well, but it’s worth the price.
- Adjusting the knobs can be problematic.
- When welding overhead items, it can dim.
- If you don’t leave it in light for the first time, it can be tricky.
- It has a smaller band that need to be enlarged.
Who is it built for?
DEKO Welding Helmet is suitable for grinding and welding in construction, food and beverage manufacturing, automotive, military maintenance, mining, metal production and fabrication, repair and operation, transportation, gas, and oil etc.
#4. Lincoln Electric 3350 Welding Helmet Review
Lincoln Electric Welding Helmet is one of the best welding helmet that functions flawlessly. It has the most extensive view area that enables you to view a wide range of area. It is durable and switches between light and darkness very fast. No other helmet that can see in the puddle better than Lincoln 3350. It can work for many hours well; seeing what you are doing well. It offers a lot of comforts and protects the eyes from dangerous rays.
This is another awesome helmet which darkens automatically when you start and when you stop, it clears up.
Lincoln Electric Welding Helmet has excellent optical clarity. A good helmet is the one with excellent optical clarity. This feature enables you to see what you are doing clearly while on the helmet. It ensures quality work is achieved and maintaining safety.
Unlike some other welding helmets that show unclear hazy view, Lincoln offers a crisp image view. No part of the viewing area is obscure. It has a uniform shading and protects you even when you look at a different angle.
This great helmet has 3.74*3.34 inches viewing area which makes it the best when it comes to the viewing area. Most helmets range between 6 and 9 square inches; Lincoln tops the list with 12 square inches.
You can view from different angles clearly because sometimes you need to tilt your head at an angle. Hence the helmet maintains a clear view throughout.
- Can see in the puddle much better than any other helmet.
- Adjustable delay control.
- Auto-darkening LCD.
- Has a considerable viewing area of 12 square inches.
- It switches between the lights very quickly.
- Fit greatly and functions flawlessly.
- Incredible clean inactive state.
- Durable when fall off by mistake.
- It is lightweight and highly valuable.
- The black glossy color scratches easily.
- Heavy when you are working all the day.
- No stop to prevent it from falling when someone looks down.
- Has a big harness.
- It is small compared to some other helmets.
Who is it built for?
Lincoln Electric 3350 is perfect for people who want to weld at high amperes and also those who want to improve their convenience and safety. Beginners and experienced welders are suited well by this product.
#5. Fibre-Metal auto darkening Welding Helmet review
It has a rugged and tough super glass otherwise it is lightweight. The super glass is moisture impervious and resistant to prevent chips and cracks. You will love its smooth surface because it deflects sparks as it is self-extinguishing. Furthermore, it has an impact design that allows access to tight clearances and small spaces where a standard welding helmet can’t fit.
Auto darkening Welding Helmet is among the best welding helmets too.
It has a rugged and tough super glass otherwise it is lightweight. The super glass is moisture impervious and resistant to prevent chips and cracks.
You will love its smooth surface because it deflects sparks as it is self-extinguishing. Furthermore, it has an impact design that allows access to tight clearances and small spaces where a standard welding helmet can’t fit.
The Fibre-Metal 110PWE Pipeliner Fiberglass Welding Helmet has a 2*4 shade 10 lenses which allow clear viewing of the puddle. This makes it have a clear vision. It also filters out 100% AR and UV wavelength to enhance maximum eye protection.
Welding helmets has a constant fit rubber headband that is pliable and offset for a custom fit. The rubber headband contains adjustments that which assist in setting the welding mask to find the best working position and also optimal weld viewing point.
The free-floating arms of the Auto darkening Welding Helmet ensure comfort by minimizing pressure points. The arms will also provide the welding helmet with a right balance and stability during welding.
- Easily adjustable due to the constant rubber headband.
- The helmet is balanced and stable during long welding.
- It gives an optimal weld viewing.
- Offers a clear and safe vision.
- Durable due to the super tough glass.
- It’s safe as it protects the welder from chips and splits.
- Wraps very close, which is a perfect thing in welding.
- Super lightweight, comfortable and cost-effective.
- The plastic filter can break if not handled with care.
- The rubber band for the headgear can be ridiculous.
- It has a long bottom.
- Hotter due to the tinted lens.
- The elastic band can easily slip away.
Who is it built for?
Auto darkening Welding Helmet suits well people who are willing to work in the welding or cutting industry for long hours.
#6. Jackson Auto Darkening Welding Helmet Review
Jackson Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is another excellent brand that ensures that you do a great job, safely and efficiently.
Jackson Welding Helmet has auto dark filters which enable welders to adapt in various working environments by offering you with the control-ability and giving sensitivity adjustments. Interestingly, this helmet provide a broad view area which allows you to see well and ensure the work is done precisely and efficiently.
Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is another excellent brand that ensures that you do a great job, safely and efficiently.
It has auto dark filters which enable welders to adapt in various working environments by offering you with the control-ability and giving sensitivity adjustments.
Interestingly, this helmet provide a broad view area which allows you to see well and ensure the work is done precisely and efficiently.
This series of welding helmets have great auto-darkening filters that assist in getting high-level elements or superior performance welding (especially in MIG welding, arc welding, AIG welding and more) without a price tag.
The Welding Helmet lens offers an ADF with multifunction. And digited controls for any welding job.
The two easy-to-replace lithium batteries ensure the helmet work non-stop. The indicator light shows when the battery is running low to alert you.
The performance of this helmet is top-notch because of its high switching speed of 1/10000 second which boosts its functionality.
- Easily adjustable.
- Adjusting high/low the helmet is easy.
- Allows welders to work in the various working environment.
- You get excellent features at a value.
- The ratcheting back is very stable.
- Lightweight but durable.
- The helmet is quickly turned on and off.
- Your hair can be caught in the hinges.
- Too small for respiration.
- The jaw-line is too short.
- The plastic can be flimsy when mishandled.
Who is it built for?
Jackson Welding Helmet best suits grind and well models, industrial business and serious hobbyist.
#7. Esab Auto Darkening Welding Helmet Review
This helmet is one of the best welding helmet you will find in the market today.
Esab Auto Darkening Welding Helmet has a great viewing area measuring 100*60m or 3.93*2.36 inches. The view area allows you to have a wide range of views.
The headgear provides adjustable 5-point comfort and balance. The large headgear provides comfort to the welder.
The central pivot point of the helmet gives space for the head as the helmet is in position.
This great product is externally activated grind button and shade 3 grind model.
Furthermore, it has a streamlined shape and a spherical front cover lens, which makes you comfortable at all times.
Better still, Esab Welding Helmet also has hyper sensible LED control panel which is easy to operate.
Finally, this brand of a helmet has a high-performance ADF (auto-dark filter) which makes the optical class brighter and more transparent.
- It is straightforward to clean.
- It is a nice shell.
- Lightweight hence can work on it for long hours.
- It is colorful and attractive.
- Its properties allow it to work in different environments.
- The streamlined shape makes it stable.
- The viewing area is vast and clear.
- Has a flush outside that make the lens easy to scratch.
- When new, you can see your breath on the lens but will end.
- Can’t work on hot things due to the tinted lens.
- Its lens is expensive.
- It has a curved lens that allows sharp light to pass through.
Who is it built for?
Esab Welding Helmet will adequately fit people who do plasma welding, oxyfuel cutting/gouging, plasma gouging/cutting, grinding, low AM TIG rating and carbon arc gouging.
Guide On Using the Best Welding Helmets
Types of welding helmets
- Solar powered welding helmets: Helmets that use sunlight as their source of power.
- Battery powered welding helmets: They use a battery as their source of power.
- Solar and battery powered welding helmets: They are designed in a way you can use either solar of power.
- Auto-darkening welding helmets: These helmets sense to the welding glare automatically.
- Passive welding helmets: Kind of helmets that don’t automatically detect when you start and stop welding.
- Welding helmets with fixed shade lenses: These lenses you can’t change their glasses when they get faulty.
- Welding helmets with variable shade lenses: You can replace their lens when they break, or they are scratched.
What to consider before buying a welding helmet
- Solar-powered or battery powered: Some masks are battery powered and others that solar powered. Some even have both powered systems.
- Viewing size: Every helmet has a different viewing area. It’s you to choose which one suits you best.
- Shading : Which shade do you want most? Brighter or less bright? Every helmet has its shading. Opt for the one that suits you.
- TIG welding :A helmet that supports TIG welding is said to perform well. They can be used in many different working environments.
- Changing speed: Depending on your needs, choose a helmet that has your preferred changing speed. Most of them have 0.00004 seconds while others have 0.00001 speed.
- Helmet color: There are a variety of colors. Many people have different colors. Choose the one that has your favorite color.
- Helmet shape and size: We have different taste and preferences when it comes to shape and size. Every brand comes with its form.
- Standards: You should consider helmets that pass all the standards to ensure that you purchase a high quality and durable one.